Utrecht Excellence Scholarship for International Students – Getting scholarship to study abroad may be some people’s dream. They usually look for scholarship to study in Europe. Yes, European countries are the destinations for those who continue their study in college or university. England, Germany, and Netherland are the most chosen countries as there are many top universities there. One of which is Utrecht University in Netherland. Who doesn’t know it? Of course everyone knows as it belongs to famous universities in the Netherland as well as in the world. This year, Utrecht University offers fully funded Utrecht excellence scholarship for international students, especially non-EU/ EEA citizen.
Before you are sure to register, it is highly recommended that you know some eligible criteria. Those will be qualified for such scholarship, if can fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Become excellent and outstanding student
- Hold a non-EU or non-EEA passport
- Have finished your study in secondary school or your Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Get strong academic achievement and application
- Have applied for Master degree with starting date on 1 September 2019
- If accepted, students need residence permit in the Netherlands
Steps of ApplicationUtrecht Excellence Scholarship
How to apply for the Utrecht excellence scholarship? There are several steps that you can do and follow well. Some of them are as follows:
- Submit an application for Master’s program, you have to do this first
- Go to Osiris Online Application
- Log in with your username and password
- Click ‘New application’
- Complete the online application form by answering the UES questions as well as uploading requested documents as follows
- Proof of belonging top 10% students in the class
- Official document issued by your University stating that you are the top 10% student in graduating class
- Reference letter
- Ranking certificate
- Certificate of competition or achievement
- Submit your application
Please note that the due date of application is 1 February 2019.
You must know that there is a considerable value you can get from this scholarship program. The scholarship value that’s offed from the UES includes:
- Tuition fees, or
- Tuition fees plus living expense up to 11,000 euro
This is awarded based on the duration of the program that is one or two years. If you want to get a scholarship for the second year, then you are advised to get good grades for all courses in the first year.
UES scholarship is very selective as only 20 up to 25 scholarships are available for 2019-2020 academic. Therefore, some selection criteria are:
- Academic quality and results of the previous study
- Promise to the propose field of study
- Quality and relevance of the motivation letter as well as the application for Master degree itself
For more details and enquiries, please visit www.uu.nl and look for the complete explanation as well as the official contact of the university. You can see and pay attention to some of the things above and prepare some things that you really need to be prepared.